Welcome to the Saginaw Township Fire Department
The mission of the Saginaw Charter Township Fire Department is to enhance the quality of living in our community by preventing or minimizing injury and loss of life or property resulting from fire or other emergencies, natural or man caused, that may occur within the jurisdictional boundaries of the charter township we serve.
Saginaw Township Fire Department was founded in 1959 and is a combination department with an Insurance Services Organization (ISO) rating of 4 that serves 40,000 people in a residential/commercial community covering 29.4 square miles. The department provides fire suppression, extrication, hazardous materials response, ice and water rescue, and special rescue services (high angle, trench, and confined space) from three stations, utilizing 11 apparatus, to 800 calls annually.
The Central Office is located at 4930 Shattuck Road, near the Saginaw Township Hall and government offices. Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You may visit our offices during office hours to obtain information on fire prevention, fire department activities, public fire safety education, residential and commercial ordinances and recruitment information.
The Saginaw Charter Township Fire Department has become an integral part of our community. We have built a strong department that is ready to serve our growing community.
Fire Chief: Jim Peterson
Training Officer: Ray Wilson
Assistant Chief for Fire Prevention: Kevin O'Brien
Fire Inspector: Rick Humphreys
Public Education Officer: Brian Wolpert
Administrative Assistant: Kathy Ashton
Clerk: Linda Beck
- One Central Office
- Three Fire Stations
- Six Full-time Staff
- One Part-time Staff
- 90 Professional Trained, Call-Paid Firefighters
- Eleven Firefighting Vehicles
- ISO Rating of 4
To review the department Standard Operating Guidelines, click on the link below